Fifteen organizations receive funding to further their work in the Johnson County community
Published: January 24, 2023 by Gail Richards, president & CEO
The Johnson County Community Foundation (JCCF) recently awarded a total of $118,444.90 to support the vital work of organizations that are responding to the many needs in the Johnson County community. In the last half of 2022, JCCF entertained applications for community minded, collaborative programming. Grant awards include funding for children’s programming, local food insecurity needs, arts programming, health, and human services programming.
The Foundation grants committee selected 15 organizations to receive a grant during the 2022 Smalls Unrestricted Granting cycle. The Smalls cycle required that requests be no more than $15,000.00 requests for programs serving Johnson County residents.
JCCF manages an extensive Grants Program. The annual program offers grants to nonprofit organizations for charitable programs and projects in Johnson County, Indiana, or serving Johnson County residents. The 2022 Smalls grant awards reflect the Foundation’s mission to enhance the quality of life for all citizens of Johnson County.
A complete list of grant recipients can be found below and here.
Organization receiving grant, program name and amount awarded
- American Red Cross Home Fire Relief - Financial Assistance, $10,000.00
- Boys & Girls Club of Johnson County - After School Snacks, $15,000.00
- Bridges Alliance of Johnson County - Circles Johnson County (Bridges Alliance of Johnson County), $15,000.00
- Creative Grounds Fine Arts Academy, Inc. - Audio Equipment for Spring Musicals - Bright Star, Little Mermaid Jr. & Lion King Kids, $7,500.00
- Firefly Children & Family Alliance - Expanded Therapy Services in Johnson County, $6,000.00
- Gleaners Food Bank of Indiana, Inc. - Indian Creek School-Based Pantry, $8,802.00
- Indiana Phenology Co - Think Like a Citizen Scientist Girl Scout Event, $3,822.90
- Indiana Women in Need Foundation (IWIN Foundation) - Johnson County Survivors Program, $2,400.00
- Johnson County Senior Services Seniors - Suffering in Silence, $6,000.00
- Little Red Door Cancer Agency, Inc. - LRD Support Services, $3,000.00
- Recover Out Loud - Crossroads of Recovery, $5,000.00
- Resources of Hope, Inc. - Foster Parent Retention Program, $7,920.00
- Servants at Work, Inc. - Ramp Up Johnson County, $10,000.00
- Society of Saint Andrew, Inc. - The Indiana Gleaning Network, $3,000.00
- Turning Point Domestic Violence Services - Emergency Flexible Funding for Program Participants Seeking Safety, $15,000.00