President's Post: Commitment to Community
Published: April 1, 2021 by Gail Richards, president and CEO
Reflecting back on 2020, the is no denying that the ongoing COVID pandemic and economic situation has changed the world. However, JCCF’s commitment to our community did not falter in 2020 and, in fact, grew stronger as evidenced by the following statistics.
- We began 2020 with $32.5 million in assets and ended 2020 with $36.7 million in assets to support the community.
- We ended 2019 with 1,292 gifts to JCCF funds and ended 2020 with 1,363 gifts to JCCF funds.
- We had 23 Community Partners in 2019 and 24 Community Partners in 2020.
- We awarded $1,256,926 in community grants and $535,587 in scholarships for a total of $1,792,513, almost $250,000 more than in 2019.
- We met our $1.5 million Lilly Endowment Inc. GIFT VII community match program, and the proceeds will provide grants to many more Johnson County organizations.
- We received $706,000 in grants to support the first Employer Resource Network® (ERN®) in the state of Indiana.
With more than 30 years of experience providing support to the community and most recently thriving during economic challenges and a pandemic, you can trust us that the next 30 years will be no less impressive. Thank you to everyone who has contributed to and assisted in JCCF’s efforts to build a Johnson County philanthropic culture and community support net over the past 30 years – your legacy is our legacy.