How to Apply for a Grant
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Our JCCF Grants Program awards grants in two cycles – Spring and Fall. Anyone interested in applying for a grant must follow the application process, which begins with submitting a Letter of Inquiry by the posted deadline. If you miss the deadline, you must wait until the next grant cycle to apply.
The Letter of Inquiry is the first step for anyone interested in applying for a grant. JCCF uses your Letter of Inquiry to determine if you will be invited to submit a Formal Grant Application.
We make applying easy by providing a “fill-in-the-blanks” Letter of Inquiry form.*
- Download the Letter of Inquiry form. (We make the form available online approximately 30 days prior to the deadline.)
- Review the specific criteria before answering the questions.
- Gather the information you need to answer the questions so JCCF will understand your request.
- Complete the form by typing your answers to the questions into the fillable form.
- Email your Letter of Inquiry to our JCCF grants and scholarships officer by the deadline.
- Watch your email for a message confirming we received your Letter of Inquiry.
If you have questions, or problems downloading the form, contact our grants and scholarships officer.
*The Letter of Inquiry form is a fillable Microsoft Word (.docx) file which enables you to easily type in the blanks, which is a requirement. If you have problems downloading the file, contact our grants and scholarship officer.
Submitting your application
JCCF carefully reviews each Letter of Inquiry. If your letter meets our Grant Policies, and we have adequate funding available, your organization may be invited to submit a grant application.
We email the grant application, with complete instructions and deadline information, to all candidates.
After receiving the applications, we work with our Grants Committee to conduct a thorough and thoughtful grant review process. After careful evaluation, the committee makes grant recommendations to the JCCF Board of Directors. The Board’s decisions are final.
Reporting your results
JCCF requires all grant recipients to submit a Final Grant Report. We email the Final Grant Report and instructions to all grant recipients.