How to Apply for a Grant
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Our JCCF Grants Program offers an online grant management program. Anyone interested in applying for a grant must follow the application process, which begins with submitting a Letter of Inquiry by the posted deadline. If you miss the deadline, you must wait until the next grant cycle to apply.
The Letter of Inquiry is the first step for anyone interested in applying for a grant. JCCF uses your Letter of Inquiry to determine if you will be invited to submit a Formal Grant Application.
We make applying easy through the JCCF Grants Portal.
- Complete your Letter of Inquiry (LOI) using the online portal. No handwritten or old forms will be accepted.
- Review the specific criteria before answering the questions. Requests are limited to $15,000 for the Smalls Cycle and $20,000 to $30,000 for the Bigs Cycle.
- Gather the information you need to answer the questions so JCCF will understand your request.
- Watch your email for a message confirming we received your Letter of Inquiry.
- Full application invites will go out to the organizations invited to apply.
Cycle 1: Big Impact Grants ($20,000-$30,000)
The 2023 Big Impact Grant cycle has closed.
Cycle 2: Small Grants (up to $15,000)
- August 28 – LOI Opens online
- September 26 by 4:00 pm – LOI Due
- October 18 – Full application invitations or denials emailed to applicants
- November 8 by 4:00 pm – Full application due online
- November 17 – Grant Award Notification or denials will be emailed
- December 1 time TBD at JCCF – Grant Check Presentation
Submitting your application
JCCF carefully reviews each Letter of Inquiry. If your letter meets our Grant Policies, and we have adequate funding available, your organization may be invited to submit a grant application.
All organizations who are invited to submit full applications will be notified via email and will be given access to the online application.
After receiving the applications, we work with our Grants Committee to conduct a thorough and thoughtful grant review process. After careful evaluation, the committee makes grant recommendations to the JCCF Board of Directors. The Board’s decisions are final.
Reporting your results
JCCF requires all grant recipients to submit a Final Grant Report. This will also be an online process assigned one year after any funds have been granted.